Her American TV show It’s On With Alexa Chung may have flopped but that hasn’t stopped the presenter from behaving like a diva.
Producers of Channel 4’s T4, which made Alexa a household name, are desperate to reinstate her.
But the 26-year-old, who is now so respected in the fashion industry she has a Mulberry handbag named after her, has refused to appear unless they film in the States.
‘The cast and crew have been begging Alexa to come back but she sees it as a step down the ladder,’ says an insider. ‘Alexa agreed to host another series of Frock Me for T4 but she’s insisted on filming it in New York.
‘Everyone thinks she’s got too big for her boots. She shouldn’t turn her nose up at an opportunity to return.’
A spokesperson for Alexa says: ‘There are no plans to come back to the UK – it makes sense for everyone’s schedules for her to be in the US.’
Oh, it’s on all right. MTV canned her talk show late last year, but don’t expect Alexa Chung to take the news lying down. We asked the model, television host and indie fashion goddess — who recently teamed up with Madewell to design her debut clothing line — to purge her angst with a list of things she simply cannot abide.
1. I hate that bad reality TV is so incredibly gripping.
2. I hate online bullying. Those little comment boxes can brim with the most vicious, acidic and pointless remarks.
3. That I have a far-from-pretty voice. This, coupled with the fact that karaoke is basically my favorite activity, makes for some very sad evenings.
4. That I can’t seem to work out my shoe size in America. In England, I’m a size 6. (Yes, I’ve tried an 8.)
5. Surprise encounters. I immediately turn red when I bump into someone I wasn’t expecting to see.
7. A lot of the music that dominates the charts.
8. Bad manners.
9. When people talk about The Wire beyond season one. I haven’t finished it yet!
10. That I’ve already read Lolita for the first time.
Vivienne Westwood Aftershow Party - Departures
London, England (Bungalow 8)